Drop by & see us!

4068 boulevard St-Laurent NEW LOCATION!!!
514-288-7661
lustreboutique@gmail.com
STORE HOURS
Monday to Wednesday : 12- 7pm
Thursday to Friday : 12 - 9pm
Saturday : 12 - 6pm
Sunday : 12 - 5pm


Friday, October 2, 2009

Music is my key to success!



















So music is probably the thing that inspires me the most. Not only because when we think of a particular song we can picture the time in which it was written but mostly just by the way a song can make me feel.



When I start working on a collection, before I even have bought the fabric or started sketching I have to put myself in a mood. The first thing that I need to create that mood is music. So around that time I will start obsessing on a genre or an era.



When I was designing the fall collection last February, I was listening none stop to The Replacements, Billy Bragg, Hole and Sonic Youth. These are all bands that have shaped who I am today because that's what I listened to growing up but this time, it felt different. Maybe it's cause I'm older, maybe it's cause I finally understand the feeling that these artist had when they created their work. But all I know is that without these albums who knows what my collection would have looked like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you thought of making men`s wear? Anyone into the 'Mats and Billy Bragg can design my clothes ANY day.